B.5.3, B.6.2, B.8.1, D.1.2, D.1.5, D.1.6, D.2.4, D.2.5, F.3, I.2, I.6
Graz University of Technology
Institute for Software Technology
Inffeldgasse 16b, 8010, Graz, Austria
- 1988-94 study of Computer Science at the Vienna University of Technology with specialization on Artificial Intelligence. Master Thesis "Analyse und Algorithmen von fokusierten Assumption Based Truth Maintenance Systemen".
- 1994 - 96 Ph.D. (Dr.techn.) at the Vienna University of Technology. Ph.D. Thesis: "Applying Model-Based Diagnosis to Software Debugging of Concurrent and Se-quential Imperative Programming Languages".
- 2001 Habiliation degree for Applied Computer Science from Vienna University of Technology.
- 1984 - 1988 Siemens Austria during summer vacation.
- 1988 - 1993 IBM Austria during summer vacation and Application Programming at OMV Austria (MI-AI Department) with domain databases, information system design and implementation.
- 1994 - 1995 Researcher at the Institute of Information Systems, Database and Artificial Intelligence Group, Vienna University of Technology, mainly involved in the DDV project sponsored by Siemens Austria with the aim of applying model-based diagnosis to software debugging.
- 1995 - 2001 Assistant Professor at the Institute of Information Systems, Database and Artificial Intelligence Group, Vienna University of Technology.
2000 Research visit at the Knowledge Systems Laboratory, University Stanford. California, USA.
- 2001 Associate Professor at the Institute of Information Systems, Database and Artificial Intelligence Group, Vienna University of Technology.
Since December 2001 Professor for Software Engineering, Institute for Software Technology, Graz University of Technology.
- Since 2003 Head of the Institute for Software Technology, Graz University of Technology.
Main Research Interests:
- model-based and qualitative reasoning
- theorem proving
- intelligent agents
- mobile robots
- verification and validation
- software engineering