Miroslav Sveda was born in Brno, Czech Republic. He received his MSc. degree in Automatic Control from the Technical University of Brno and the Ph.D. degree in Technical Cybernetics/Computer Science from the University of Technology, Prague.
- 1974-1991: research assistant and research fellow in the fields of industrial computer-based applications, embedded systems, communication protocols and formal specifications at Czech industrial research institutes.
- 1991-1994: Assistant Professor and Associate Professor at the Computer Center, Brno University of Technology.
- 1994-2002: Associate Professor at the Computer Department, Brno University of Technology.
- Since 2002: Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at the Faculty of Information Technology, Brno University of Technology. Membership in relevant national and international associations as well as advisory and evaluation boards.
Main Research Interests:
- embedded systems
- formal specifications
- computer networks and communication protocols
- engineering of computer-based systems