Antonio Beça Gonçalves Porto
- António Porto is Associate Professor at the Computer Science Department of Universidade Nova de Lisboa, where he obtained his Ph.D in Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence) in 1985.
- He has maintained a steady participation in Esprit projects (ALPES, Integration, Compulog, Coordination) and working groups (LAC, Coordina - both as main coordinator).
- He participated in the Program Committee of several editions of the international conferences COORD (Coordination Languages and Models), ECOOP (Object-Oriented Programming), EPIA (Artificial Intelligence), ESOP (Programming), ICLP (Logic Programming), ICTL (Temporal Logic) and FGCS (Fifth Generation Computer Systems).
- He was in the Program Committee of the international conferences ICLP in 1985, 87, 88, 89, 91, 92, 93 and 94, EPIA in 1989, 91, and 93, FGCS (Fifth Generation Computer Systems Conference) in 1992, and ICTL (International Conference on TemporalLogic) in 1994.
- He is a member of the editorial board of the journals "The Journal of Logic Programming", "New Generation Computing", "AI Communications" and "Journal of Universal Computer Science". He is a founding member, and was a member of the Board of Directors (1984-86) and President(1989-90) of the Portuguese Association for Artificial Intelligence (APPIA).
- He was a member of IFIP's "Artificial Intelligence Specialists Group" that launched the Technical Committee for Artificial Intelligence (TC12) in 1989, and is now a member of the TC12 Scientific Advisory Group.
Main Research Interests:
- concurrency and coordination
- conceptual and temporal reasoning