- Born 1936 near Annaberg/Erzgebirge.
- Study of Mathematics at the Humboldt-University Berlin 1954 - 1959.
- Mathematician-programmer and System Analyst within a Nuclear Research Institute in Berlin, 1962 - 1968.
- System Analyst and Director of a Subdivision of the Computing Center of Deutsche Reichsbahn, 1969.
- Docent for Computer Science at the Humboldt-University, 1985.
- Associate Professor, 1990 & 1992.
- Full Professor for Computer Science at the Humboldt-University Berlin..
- During the last years I have been envolved in a lot of administrational jobs, mainly due to the restructuring of the Computer Science Department at the Humboldt-University Berlin.
Main Research Interests:
- 1968 - 1975 Operating Systems, Design and Implementation of a Time-Sharing System for use at the Humboldt-University, Lectures on operating system topics, virtual memory concepts, communication of processes, programming languages, compiling techniques.
- 1975 - 1985 Software Engineering and Compiler Construction, usage and propagation of Wirth's languages PASCAL and Modula 2, syntax oriented programming on the base of Koster's Compiler Description Languages (CDL-2), program transformations, e.g. CDL -> PASCAL.
- 1985 - 1989 UNIX-based Software Techniques, syntax oriented program design with the UNIX program generators, lex and yacc, and its derivates, design and implementation of networking software for UNIX systems, contruction of the local network of the Computer Science Department at the Humboldt-University.
- 1990 and the following years, establishing the full local network and the Internet connection, management problems in distributed systems, object oriented construction of telecommunication systems, architecturalproblems of software systems.