Educational Background and Degrees Received
- 1980 - 1985: Student of Mathematics at the Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena(Germany)
- 1985: Diplom-Mathematiker (corresponds to M.SC.) at the Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena: "On the Restriction of NP-complete Graph
Problems to Permutation Graphs"
- 1989: Ph.D. Dissertation "On the restriction of NP-complete graph problems to subclasses of chordal graphs) in Computer Science (Algorithms)"; supervisor: Dr. A. Brandstädt 1989
- 1996: Habilitation at the Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena: "The Structure of Graphs and the Design of Efficient Algorithms"
- 1985-1993: Assistant at the chair of Prof. Dr. G. Wechsung at the Department of
Mathematics, Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena, Germany
- 1993-1994: PostDoc, IRISA Rennes, France; European project Capital Human Mobility
- 1994-1997: Assistant at the chair of Prof. Dr. G. Wechsung at the Department of
Mathematics and Computer Science, Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena, Germany
- April to September 1997: Guest Professor at the University of Paderborn, Germany
- 1997-1999: Oberassistent (called C2 position in Germany) at the chair of Prof.
Dr. G. Wechsung, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Friedrich-
Schiller-University of Jena, Germany
- 1999-present: Professeur des universités (corresponds to Full Professor) at the
Computer Science Department of the University of Metz, France
Main Research Interests:
Theoretical Computer Science and Discrete Mathematics:
- Algorithms on Discrete Structures (in particular on graphs):
efficient algorithms, algorithms for special graph classes, exponential time
algorithms, approximation algorithms, certifying algorithms, etc.
- NP-hard problems
- Structural Graph Theory and Graph Classes
- Partially Ordered Sets