Christel Baier received the PhD degree (1994) and the venia legendi (1999),
both from the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Mannheim (Germany).
In 1999-2006, she was an associate professor for Theoretical Computer Science at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms Universität Bonn. Since October 2006, she is a full professor for algebraic and logical foundations of computer science at the Technische Universität Dresden.
Her expertise is on modeling, specification and verification techniques
for reactive systems. In particular, she is interested in algorithms for the
quantitative analysis of stochastic systems,probabilistic model checking,
verification of infinite-state systems, coordination languages, compatibility of components, temporal and modal logics, and automata over infinite structures.
Main Research Interests:
- modeling, specification and verification of reactive systems
- quantitative analysis of stochastic systems, probabilistic model checking
- coordination languages, compatibility of components
- temporal and modal logics
- automata over infinite structures, game theory
- verification of infinite-state systems