Alkiviadis G. Akritas
G.0, G.1.5, G.4
University of Thessaly
Department of Computer and Communication Engineering
University of Thessaly
Room 7 - Papastratos Building
- Teaching Assistant at the Universities of Heidelberg and NCSU
- Research Assistant at the Universities of Wisconsin and Kaiserslautern
- Assistant Professor at the University of Athens, Unit of Applied Mathematics; Fall semester of 1979
- Visiting Assistant Professor at the University of Kansas, Department of Computer Science; Spring semester 1980
- Assistant Professor at the University of Kansas, Department of Computer Science; Fall semester 1980 to summer 1984
- Intra-University Professor at the University of Kansas, Department of Electrical Engineering; 1983-84
- Associate Professor at the University of Kansas, Department of Computer Science; Fall semester 1984 to summer 1996
- Visiting Professor at the National Technical University of Athens, Greece, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering; Spring semester of 1987. (United Nations Development Program - TOKTEN - consultant.)
- Visiting Professor at Moscow State University (Lomonossov), U.S.S.R., Department of Mechanics and Mathematics; Spring semester of 1990. (Fulbright Scholar.)
- Member of the Russian and East European Studies (REES) Program of the University of Kansas; Spring semester 1993.
- Professor at the University of Kansas, Department of Computer Science; Fall semester 1996.
- Associate Professor at the University of Thessaly, Department Theoretical and Applied Sciences (1998-2000) and Department of Computer and Communication Engineering; Fall semester 2001 to present.
- 1966 Newark Senior High School, Newark, Delaware, U.S.A. (A.F.S. scholarship)
- 1970 University of Athens, Greece, Department of Mathematics
- 1971 Degree in Education from SELETE, a UN school in Athens, Greece
- 1972 Masters Degree in Operational Research from the University of Southampton, United Kingdom
- 1972-73 Institute of Applied Mathematics of the University of Heidelberg, Germany
- 1974-75 Computer Science Department of the University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
- 1976 Masters degree in Computer Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, U.S.A.
- 1978 Ph.D. in Computer Science-Operations Research from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, U.S.A.